Need Help? Give us a call:

or Contact Us»

File My Business Entity Report

Reinstate my business

Every business entity has an ongoing responsibility to file regular business entity reports with the Secretary of State's office. These reports must be filed every year by nonprofit businesses and every two years by for-profit businesses.

The filings are due during the anniversary month of your business's formation or the anniversary month in which you were granted authority to do business in the state. As a courtesy, the Secretary of State will send a reminder notice the month your report is due.

Effective July 1, 2016, nonprofit businesses will change from an annual payment cycle to a biennial (every two years) payment cycle. Create an account or log on to INBiz to see your next due date in My Alerts.

  • INBiz makes it easy to file these reports:
  • File Now


Reinstate my business

When certain changes occur in your business, it becomes necessary to update your business entity information. These changes may include a name change, new address, or change regarding your registered agent or your registered agent's address. These filings can be processed on INBiz.

Here are some examples of filings available to update your business information:

  • Articles of Amendment - use to change information such as business name, number of shares, distribution of assets and period of duration
  • Certificate of Assumed Business Name - use to record a name other than the legal entity name under which the entity is operating
  • Notice of Change of Registered Agent or Office - used to change registered agent information
  • Statement of Resignation of Registered Agent - used by registered agent to resign the position
  • Change of Officer - use to change the Principal / Officer's information
  • Change of Principal Address - use to change principal office address

Administrative Dissolution/Revocation

Reinstate my business

If your business was administratively dissolved or revoked by the Secretary of State's office for failure to file business entity reports or failure to maintain a registered agent and office, you may apply for reinstatement.

While administratively dissolved or revoked, a business may do only what is necessary to wind up and liquidate its business and affairs.


Reinstate my business

To close a business, it's not sufficient to lock the doors and pull the shades. The official end is effective only upon the filing of Articles of Dissolution. Although a formal association may stop doing business, it still needs to meet all statutory requirements, such as filing business entity reports, until it is voluntarily dissolved.

When the dissolution filing becomes effective, the business may not carry on any activities except those appropriate to wind up and liquidate its affairs. You may also want to file the dissolution with the Department of Revenue, Department of Workforce Development and the Attorney General in order to avoid tax consequences and additional liabilities.