SOS Logo

Effective August 1, 2021, you will no longer be able to access INBiz using Internet Explorer. To continue using INBiz without disruption, you must use a supported browser. INBiz is accessible on Microsoft Edge (IE replacement), Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari.

Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Microsoft. To access INBiz, you must use a supported browser. INBiz is accessible on Microsoft Edge (IE replacement), Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari.

Filing - Business Entity - INBiz
  • Home >
  • Business Filings
Business Filings

Every business has an ongoing responsibility to file regular business entity reports with the Secretary of State and to update the office if there are certain changes to your business.

  • File My Business Entity Report

    File My Business Entity Report

    These reports must be filed every two years for both nonprofit and for-profit businesses. The filings are due during the anniversary month of your business's formation or the anniversary month in which you were granted authority to do business in the state. As a courtesy, the Secretary of State will send a reminder notice the month your report is due.

    Create an account or log on to INBiz to see your next due date in My Alerts.

    File Now
  • Reinstate my business

    Reinstate my business

    If your business was administratively dissolved or revoked by the Secretary of State's office for failure to file business entity reports or failure to maintain a registered agent and office, you may apply for reinstatement.

    While administratively dissolved or revoked, a business may do only what is necessary to wind up and liquidate its business and affairs.

    Apply Now
  • Update my business

    Update my business

    When certain changes occur in your business, it becomes necessary to update your business entity information. These changes may include a name change or changes regarding your registered agent or your registered agent's address. These filings can be processed on INBiz.

    Here are some examples of filings available to update your business information:

    • Articles of Amendment - used to change information such as business name, number of shares, distribution of assets and period of duration
    • Certificate of Assumed Business Name - used to record a name other than the legal entity name under which the entity is operating
    • Notice of Change of Registered Agent or Office - used to change registered agent information Statement of Resignation of Registered Agent - used by registered agent to resign the position
    • Change of Officer - used to change the Principal / Officer's information
    • Change of Principal Address - used to change the principal's office address
    Update Now
  • Close my business

    Close my business

    To close a business, it's not sufficient to lock the doors and pull the shades. The official end is effective only upon the filing of Articles of Dissolution. Although a formal association may stop doing business, it still needs to meet all statutory requirements, such as filing business entity reports, until it is voluntarily dissolved.

    When the dissolution filing becomes effective, the business may not carry out any activities except those appropriate to wind up and liquidate its affairs. You also must file the appropriate dissolution forms with the Department of Revenue, Department of Workforce Development and the Attorney General in order to avoid tax consequences and additional liabilities.

    Close Now

Ready to get started?