Tax Registration - Taxes & Fees - INBiz
Tax Registration

Indiana businesses have to pay taxes at the state and federal levels. For the feds, you'll need to register with the IRS. But for the Department of Revenue, you can do it here!

INBiz can help you manage business tax obligations for Indiana retail sales, withholding, out-of-state sales, gasoline use taxes and metered pump sales as well as tire fees, fuel taxes, wireless prepaid fees, food and beverage taxes and county innkeeper's taxes.

Your tax will depend on your business structure. If you've gotten this far, you've already figured that out.

Note that Indiana law (IC 6-2.5-2-1(c)) requires a seller without a physical location in Indiana to obtain a registered retail merchant's certificate, collect and remit applicable sales tax if the seller meets either or both of the following conditions in the previous calendar year or the current calendar year:

  1. You have gross revenue from sales into Indiana exceeding $100,000; or
  2. You have 200 or more separate transactions into Indiana.

Sales into Indiana or sales transactions include any combination of sales of tangible personal property delivered into Indiana, products transferred electronically into Indiana and services delivered in Indiana. You may go to the Indiana Department of Revenue webpage for more information.

Ready to get started?