Maintain Your Business - INBiz

Every business has an ongoing responsibility to file regular business entity reports with the Secretary of State and to update the office if there are certain changes to your business.

  • File My Business Entity Report

    File My Business Entity ReporT

    These reports must be filed every two years for both nonprofit and for-profit businesses. The filings are due during the anniversary month of your business's formation or the anniversary month in which you were granted authority to do business in the state. As a courtesy, the Secretary of State will send a reminder notice the month your report is due.

    Create an account or log on to INBiz to see your next due date in My Alerts.

    File Now
  • Update my business

    Maintain My Business with SOS

    When certain changes occur in your business, it becomes necessary to update your business entity information. These changes may include a name change or changes regarding your registered agent or your registered agent's address. These filings can be processed on INBiz.

    Here are some examples of filings available to update your business information:

    • Articles of Amendment - used to change information such as business name, number of shares, distribution of assets and period of duration
    • Certificate of Assumed Business Name - used to record a name other than the legal entity name under which the entity is operating
    • Notice of Change of Registered Agent or Office - used to change registered agent information Statement of Resignation of Registered Agent - used by registered agent to resign the position
    • Change of Officer - used to change the Principal / Officer's information
    • Change of Principal Address - used to change the principal's office address
    Update Now